Monday, February 16, 2015

Paigisms 2014

  • While watching the voice "Mom, why does that girls mom let her wear a dress that shows her boobs. That's inappropriate.". Can I just say that I love her understanding of modesty already!
  •  Heard at our dinner table. "I think I am a little more Pidgeon than Huffman. Because mom used to be a Pidgeon and I came out of her"
  • After a night of little sleep i woke up to this.. to mom: I love you through heaven. You play games with me. That is why you are special.
  •  Watching the voice... Paige says "that guys hair looks like daddy's and that girls hair looks like Chelsie's. Its like daddy married Chelsie." To be clear this was about a black guy and an Asian girl. Hmmm
  • While watching the voice, Paige is working on drawing little books that she is going to sell for $1 to raise money for Disneyland. Then she said she was going to ask Nana for $100 for one. When I explained that was a lot of money for a book she said she was going to make a whole box for $100. Oh well then that makes more sense right?
  • At the Doctors office this morning, Paige was so quiet and lethargic. But there were moments I knew she was still there. Once she looked at me and said "Mom- I can call nana- grandma or nana- because they mean the same thing". And a little while later, she said "Someone told me that my eyes were OCEAN blue". 
  •  I was listening to Brad Paisley's "This is COuntry Music" and it reminded me of the song Paige wrote the other day. It was called "This aint country music" or something like that. I asked her why and she said because it isn't a true song. Country Music is all about life and stuff that is true!
  • Paige & Justin went to the park early this morning before it rains. She came back and I saw that she was still in her nightgown. Then she said "Mom, I almost lubricated my leg at the park!" After a little laughter and a few questions she believes she almost broke or cut off her leg. She is fine, but sometimes the things that come out are just too funny.
  • Justin, Paige & I were out front playing Chutes & Ladders with our neighbor, Tim. Another neighbor stops by to check out the camping action. He sees Tim and asks Paige if this is a sleepover. She says sure, you can sleep under my bed (She has a loft bed) and Tim can sleep on my bed. It was such a funny conversation. Tim & Justin will be sleeping in their own comfy beds, as will I- Too cold out there for me.
  • Paige at bedtime: "Wouldn't it be great if there was a magic typewriter. And if you typed in something like, I want a tree that grows money and never dies, it would create one. And then we would always have money"
  • Paige picked out her outfit today and when she asked me about what shoes to wear, i suggested a pair that matched. But she said "Why does everything have to match in my life?"
  • Wait... Let me sit.like a proper princess before you take my picture.  
  • When I picked Paige up from daycare today, she announced "I am engaged. I have a boyfriend". When I asked her who the guy is she said Alex- he is a high schooler. Yes we have had a conversation about what a "Boyfriend" and "Being engaged" really means. But wow! 
  •  

No comments: